Eight Steps to Simplify Your Finances
Handling your financial affairs doesn’t have to be as complicated as it may seem. Taking a few common sense and practical steps can make your financial life less stressful.
If time is a precious commodity for you, here are eight ideas to save time and reduce the stress and anxiety of managing your financial affairs.
- Enroll for direct deposit. It often eliminates trips to the bank and allows your money to work longer.
- Sign up for overdraft protection . By linking your checking account to a line of credit or savings account you can avoid the cost, hassle and embarrassment of a bounced check.
- Establish an automatic savings plan. Regular, automatic transfers to a savings account will add up.
- Use electronic bill paying. Eliminate the dreaded task of writing checks. Free Bill Pay is available through Woodforest Online Services .
- Consolidate your financial relationships. Dealing with one institution makes everything easier. We’ve created a Switch Kit to help you move your accounts from other financial institutions to Woodforest National Bank.
- Consider personal finance software. Many programs make handling your finances easier and quicker.
- Build a safety cushion. Be ready for unexpected expenses or use some extra for a special vacation.
- Review your investments. Make sure your asset allocation matches your time horizon and risk tolerance.
You can easily set up automatic transfers to your savings account through Online Services. You can set the frequency, date, number of transfers and amount.